In the summer I love me some sun dresses, the only problem is the lack of pockets. If I’m going for a walk or quick trip to the store, I don’t always want to carry my big purse around. This little wristlet purse is perfect to carry your summer essentials; keys, a debit card or sunglasses. Including instructions to adjust the size of the purse and the option to make an over the shoulder strap. The pattern uses a small amount of medium worsted weight yarn in cotton or acrylic, so it is a perfect for using up leftovers from other projects. It is a a super easy project that works up quickly, great for beginners or market makers!
• 5.5 mm Hook
• #4 Med Worsted Weight Yarn in cotton or acrylic
• Darning Needle
• Button approximately ¾” that will fit through double crochet posts
• Needle and thread to fasten button
Ch — Chain
St/sts — Stitch/Stitches
Sc — Single Crochet
Dc — Double Crochet
Rep — Repeat
• Work into the back bump of the starting ch
• Starting ch at the beginning of each row DOES NOT count as a st.
• The size of the project before whip stitching to fit a regular size phone is 3” wide by 13” long. You can change your hook side or add/subtract rows or stitches to adjust the size.
• For a larger phone,ie. iPhone plus:
– Size of rectangle: 3.5” x 15”
– Start ch 13, 12 sts each row.
– 2 extra rep rounds, 3 rows.
Row 1: ch 11, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each st across (10 sc)
Row 2: ch 1, turn, sc in each st across
Row 3: ch 2, turn, dc in ea st across
Row 4-5: ch 1, turn, sc in each st across
Row 6-32: Rep rows 3-5.
FO, leave long tail end about 20-24″ for sewing.
Fold length ways in half, so the short edge is line up under second row of dc (row 6), whip stitch the edge together. Weave through the bottom to whip stitch up the other side. Weave in all tail ends, flip so seam is on the inside.
Ch 31, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in ea ch space to the end, FO, fold the strap in half and use tail end to sew it to the corner of the wristlet.
You can also make the chain longer to have a shoulder strap if you prefer. Just make the chain the approximately the length of the strap you would like.
Sew the button about 1/2″ down from the opening, under the flap. To close push the button through two middle dc sts of the flap.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and supporting my love of yarn and crochet. I hope you enjoy making and showing off your new wristlet purse! To stay up to date with new patterns and tutorials follow me on Facebook and Instagram, be sure to use #madewithloveandyarn because I love to see your projects! To get new patterns sent straight to your inbox, scroll down to join the mailing list. I hope you have a wonderful summer to enjoy your new wristlet!
For questions & inquiries please contact me!